We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please do subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks, who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
We speak to Clare Sheng. Clare is the Director of The Fitting Room and runs Queensland’s largest clothing alterations team. She is also the author of The Suit Book, where she decodes the process of buying and wearing a suit.
In 2017, she co-founded The Modern Gentry, a brand new concept where she introduces like-minded gentlemen to meet. In 2017 she was awarded the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Young Business Person of the Year, the Australian Small Business Champion Award, and a special mention in Business Innovation for the Lord Mayor’s Business Award.
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
- Mitolo Jester Cabernet Sovignon
- Noblesse Chardonnay
- Black Label
- Our new BOD Instagram
- Clare’s company, The Fitting Room
- Clare’s book, The Suit Book
- Being a “noble” pharmacist
- Asian family businesses
- Leaving a profession to join the family business
- Clare Sheng’s LinkedIn
- Finding your niche
- Making David’s biceps look bigger
- Running a brick and mortar business during the pandemic
- How to stay positive during COVID-19
- Dancing CEOs
- Women’s Legal Service
- Clare Sheng’s Dancing CEOs dance
- What it’s like to go clubbing with David
- What do men get wrong a lot when wearing suits?
- Challenges as a female entrepreneur?
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Fashion tips for people like David with a horrible sense of fashion
You can also get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng and his team at SYNC PR. Simply contact us and mention this podcast.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
This podcast was created with Buzzsprout. Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Terng Shing has his own PR and content agency based in Singapore. He tries not to be defined by his job, but gave up and has leaned into it pretty heavily.
When he’s not working or conducting business over drinks, he is recording an episode for Business Over Drinks.
Learn more about his company SYNC and what they’ve been doing for the startup community in Southeast Asia. He also has another venture with a business partner in the travel industry, called Travel Wanderlust.
Connect with him on LinkedIn
David Bobis is an author who has written a few works under both his real name and pen name, Dean Blake. He has just released a book of illustrations, Everyday A**holes.
David was also the Head of Digital Marketing and Partner of Studio Culture – a leading digital marketing agency in Australia, before exiting to work on his books and private consultancy.
David is a finalist of multiple awards, such as the Telstra Business Award, the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Award, The Optus Business Award, the Brisbane Business News Young Entrepreneur’s Award, a Melbourne Age Short Story Award, a John Marsden Short Story Award and a Brisbane State Library Short Story Award.