Episode 9 – Should I Work Overseas (After COVID)?
This episode we bring in a good friend of ours. His name is Yin, he has a funny accent and he has plenty to share about working overseas. If you’re ever thinking about working overseas (after COVID-19) and are wondering if you should make the move, you should definitely tune in to this episode.
We cover issues such as:
- Should I move overseas even if I can’t afford it?
- Should I move overseas if I’ll leave my loved ones back at home?
- What are some of the misconceptions about living abroad?
- David shares the greatest story ever told on this podcast
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
- – David: Absolut Vodka
- – Yin: Tanqueray Rangpur Distilled Gin
- – Terng: Lunardi Pinot Grigio
STUFF WE MENTIONED
Listeners of Business Over Drinks can get 10% of David’s latest book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessover…
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/busi…
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Terng Shing has his own PR and content agency based in Singapore. He tries not to be defined by his job, but gave up and has leaned into it pretty heavily.
When he’s not working or conducting business over drinks, he is recording an episode for Business Over Drinks.
Learn more about his company SYNC and what they’ve been doing for the startup community in Southeast Asia. He also has another venture with a business partner in the travel industry, called Travel Wanderlust.
Connect with him on LinkedIn
David Bobis is an author who has written a few works under both his real name and pen name, Dean Blake. He has just released a book of illustrations, Everyday A**holes.
David was also the Head of Digital Marketing and Partner of Studio Culture – a leading digital marketing agency in Australia, before exiting to work on his books and private consultancy.
David is a finalist of multiple awards, such as the Telstra Business Award, the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Award, The Optus Business Award, the Brisbane Business News Young Entrepreneur’s Award, a Melbourne Age Short Story Award, a John Marsden Short Story Award and a Brisbane State Library Short Story Award.