Building and Promoting an App, Surviving COVID, Growing fast – David Wong from Deemples
David Wong is the CEO and co-founder of Deemples. He has over 17 years in sales and management in various industries: Digital media, analytics and technology, social media, direct selling, food manufacturing, and publishing.
In this episode of Business Over Drinks, David Wong, CEO and Co-Founder of Deemples, shares his story as a salesman, entrepreneur and founder of one of the most successful sports startups in Southeast Asia. Terng met David Wong when he was setting SYNC in Malaysia and they’ve been working together since.
WE COVER ISSUES SUCH AS:
– How to start an app and should you? (spoiler alert – don’t do it)
– Tech versus marketing, what is more essential?
– How they scaled from 0 – 1,000 users then beyond that.
– How Deemples survived COVID-19 and how they scaled?
– What are some of the lessons he learned from COVID-19?
STUFF MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DAVID WONG AND DEEMPLES:
- Deemples is one of the fastest-growing golf apps in Southeast Asia (and is now expanding to Australia) that allows you to find a golf partner to play with whenever and wherever you want. Join available games, or create your own and let other golfers join your games through Deemples. It’s like the Uber or Tinder for golfers. Why play with the same few friends, when you can expand your personal network or business contacts through Deemples.
- Download the app: https://deemples.com/download
- Follow David on LinkedIn
(reminder: drink responsibly)