Building Queensland’s Largest Clothing Alterations Team – Clare Sheng from The Fitting Room
Clare is the director The Fitting Room on Edward and author of The Suit Book. She has been helping professionals look good and feel confident for over a decade.
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please do subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
We speak to Clare Sheng. Clare is the Director of The Fitting Room and runs Queensland’s largest clothing alterations team. She is also the author of The Suit Book, where she decodes the process of buying and wearing a suit.
In 2017, she co-founded The Modern Gentry, a brand new concept where she introduces like-minded gentlemen to meet. In 2017 she was awarded the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Young Business Person of the Year, the Australian Small Business Champion Award, and a special mention in Business Innovation for the Lord Mayor’s Business Award.
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
- Mitolo Jester Cabernet Sovignon
- Noblesse Chardonnay
- Black Label
- Our new BOD Instagram
- Clare’s company, The Fitting Room
- Clare’s book, The Suit Book
- Being a “noble” pharmacist
- Asian family businesses
- Leaving a profession to join the family business
- Clare Sheng’s LinkedIn
- Finding your niche
- Making David’s biceps look bigger
- Running a brick and mortar business during the pandemic
- How to stay positive during COVID-19
- Dancing CEOs
- Women’s Legal Service
- Clare Sheng’s Dancing CEOs dance
- What it’s like to go clubbing with David
- What do men get wrong a lot when wearing suits?
- Challenges as a female entrepreneur?
- Dealing with difficult customers
- Fashion tips for people like David with a horrible sense of fashion
(reminder: drink responsibly)