Darryl Lim of Split Theatre - Giving People a Voice in Singapore and How to Thrive in the Arts - Entrepreneur Podcast
Darryl is the Founder and Artistic Director of Split Theatre
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
This entrepreneur podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Darryl Lim
A performer, deviser, playwright and researcher. In 2016, he founded Split Theatre, a Singapore theatrical production house that focuses on developing stories from the personal experiences of its actors, with an emphasis on creating original, process-driven and ensemble-focused works.
He is hosting the “Don’t Cancer Me Can” production will run from 18 – 21 December at The Arts House (2pm and 8pm shows for 18th – 19th, and 8pm shows for 20th – 21st), with ticket prices going for S$35.00 each. Tickets here: https://tinyurl.com/DontCancer-Split
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Why and how he started Split Theatre
- How Split Theatre is giving the people of Singapore “a voice”
- The “you matter’ philosophy
- How participating in Split Theatre works
- David’s fascination with Leonardo DiCaprio
- The teaching style of Jerzy Grotowski
- Split Theatre’s 10-Week Work On Self program
- Jokes about MLM (Multi Level Marketing)
- How Split Theatre markets itself
- Darryl’s experience with lymphoma
- Using theatre to discover who we are and accepting other people
- Leaders Eat Last by Simon Sinek
- I and Though by Martin Buber
- Visit our book recommendations section for more books from our guests
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.