How to Sell Your Business (or Make it Sellable) - Quick Book Review Summary of Built to Sell by John Warrillow
In this special book review episode, we do a quick summary of the book Built to Sell by John Warrilow and discuss how you can implement the tips from the book in your own business.
Check out our Books Section for more books recommended by our guests.
About Built to Sell:
Run your company. Don’t let it run you.
Most business owners started their company because they wanted more freedom—to work on their own schedules, make the kind of money they deserve, and eventually retire on the fruits of their labor.
Unfortunately, according to John Warrillow, most owners find that stepping out of the picture is extremely difficult because their business relies too heavily on their personal involvement. Without them, their company—no matter how big or profitable—is essentially worthless.
But the good news is that entrepreneurs can take specific steps—no matter what stage a business is in—to create a valuable, sellable company. Warrillow shows exactly what it takes to create a solid business that can thrive long into the future.
About John Warrillow
John Warrillow is the author of Built To Sell: Turn Your Business Into One You Can Sell. Throughout his career as an entrepreneur, John has started and exited four companies. Most recently he transformed Warrillow & Co. from a boutique consultancy into a recurring revenue model subscription business, which he sold to The Corporate Executive Board (NASDAQ: EXBD) in 2008. He is the author of Drilling for Gold and in 2008 was recognized by BtoB Magazine’s “Who’s Who” list as one of America’s most influential business-to-business marketers.
ABOUT BUSINESS OVER DRINKS
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
This entrepreneur podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
- Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up to a free Audible trial here: https://www.audible.com.au/bod011-20
- Check out amazing (and collector’s) selections of gin and whiskey from Gin Loot and Whiskey Loot :https://whiskyloot.com/?rfsn=5301500.ece0af&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=5301500.ece0af
- Listeners get 10% of David’s hilarious new book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
- Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them at syncpr.co
- Looking to up your email game? Try Moosend.
- Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessoverdrinks
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on your favourite podcast player
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.