Edmund Shern from 99 Misfits is not a metaverse expert, but he knows more than us.
Edmund is a 25-year veteran in entertainment and marketing working in Singapore, Hollywood, Tokyo and China.
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
This entrepreneur podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Edmund Shern
Edmund is a 25-year veteran in entertainment and marketing working in Singapore, Hollywood, Tokyo and China. He started in MTV as the studio director and then went on to lead teams in OgilvyInteractive and in comics, games, anime and film. He co-authored a fantasy book with famed Final Fantasy artist, Yoshitaka Amano. He has worked and consulted for many of the major entertainment brands in licensing and transmedia strategy while serving as advisor/co-owner to micro-influencer marketing startup X10 Media. With the advent of Web3, he now has a new startup to produce music-based events and experiences in various metaverses while also developing their own music metaverse for music fans and artists.
- David: Ampersand Project’s Ginger Beer
- Terng: Peninsular Cider Alcoholic Ginger Beer
- Edmund: Organic Kombucha with Mango Passion
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Insight into the metaverse
- Explanation of Web3
- Existence of the p*rn metaverse?
- Inappropriate Roblox encounter
- The future of metaverse 15:25
- Experience economy
- Gather.town as a taste of the metaverse
- Surrogates with Bruce Wills
- Building an online community with metaverse
- Producing musical projects on Roblox and Fortnight
- BOD on Second Life?!?
- More on 99 misfits
GUEST’S BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Ways of seeing by John Berger
- Gary Vee’s Youtube Channel
- Visit our book recommendations section for more books from our guests
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OUR GUEST:
- Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up to a free Audible trial here: https://www.audible.com.au/bod011-20
- Check out amazing (and collector’s) selections of gin and whiskey from Gin Loot and Whiskey Loot :https://whiskyloot.com/?rfsn=5301500.ece0af&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=5301500.ece0af
- Listeners get 10% off David’s hilarious new book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
- Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them at syncpr.co
- Looking to up your email game? Try Moosend.
- Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessoverdrinks
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on your favourite podcast player
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.