Building a Shoe Cleaning Empire Across 4 Countries - Ginny Truc To from Shoe Mo - Entrepreneur Podcast
Ginny Truc To
Co-founder of Shoe Mo, shoe & sneaker cleaning, repairing and customization service brand. Started in 2016 in Malaysia
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Ginny Truc To
Co-founder of Shoe Mo, shoe & sneaker cleaning, repairing and customization service brand. Started in 2016 in Malaysia, Shoe Mo now has 12 outlets across 4 countries. The idea came across as Ginny struggled to find a place to send her running shoes for a cleaning when she moved to KL from Vietnam. Then she discussed with her co-founder, then friend, Jack Wong and a few weeks later, Shoe Mo was born right in the middle of the sneaker trends in Malaysia. They managed to grab the sneaker lover market and from then expanded to non-sneaker shoes & bag services.
- David: Shiraz
- Terng: Crossroads Brewing Ale
- Ginny: Haus Boom Pineapple Flavoured Sparkling Juice
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Introduction of Ginny, Co-founder of Shoe Mo
- Ginny’s first impressions of Terng
- Terng’a first impression of Ginny
- What was some of the biggest challenge Ginny faced moving to Malaysia
- Cultural shock faced
- Comparing life and work between Malaysia and Vietnam
- Malaysian slangs learnt
- Coping with the extended Movement Control Order in Malaysia
- How was Shoe Mo founded
- Success strategies when using digital marketing
- How to choose what to invest in
- How did GInny scale her single home-run business to a multi-business market
- What are the factors the affected her decision-making process for the business
- Biggest mistake made while running the business
- Staying motivated during the pandemic
- Adrian Sim: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/podcast/adrian-sim-of-east-asia-beverages-how-to-dominate-the-beer-market-four-hours-to-chicken-rice/
- Shoe Mo Academy Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJmTG11H3MG775Q5vUi33mA
- Website: https://myshoemo.com/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/myshoemo/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/myshoemo/
Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.