Business Growth - How to Scale Business, Hire Staff and More - Joel Hauer Liquor Loot
CEO and Founder of Liquor Loot, a leading alcohol subscription brand
In this episode we talk to Joel Hauer, the Founder and CEO of Liquor Loot.
Launched in 2016, Liquor Loot is the home of alcohol subscription services, Whisky Loot & Gin Loot, delivering three premium and hand-selected whisky and gin tasters from around the world each month. Designed to take monthly subscribers on a journey from novice to connoisseur, Liquor Loot helps Aussies find their favourite spirit in a fun and safe environment.
After leaving the advertising world to create his own digital agency, Joel helped navigate the digital world for businesses of all shapes and sizes. This background in digital marketing and a passion for whisky and gin made the perfect match for building Liquor Loot.
Joel’s goal is for Liquor Loot to gently guide subscribers on a tasting journey through the beautiful and varied world of whisky and gin in the comfort of their own homes every month. His ambition is to make everyone as passionate about whisky and gin as he is. It’s a big ask. But he is confident that Liquor Loot can help you love whiskey and gin every bit as much as him.
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please do subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about them.
- David: Four Pillars
- Terng: Four Pillars
- Joel: Bushmills 21 Year Old Single Malt Irish Whiskey
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Update on the status of the business and Joel’s life since over 10 months ago
- Boosting growth during the gifting seasons
- Building a team: Hiring and Team Retainment tips and advice – The importance of management structure and CEO identity
- Running a high-growth company while raising a child
- Liquor Loot’s Gandel Investment and thoughts and advice for those looking to raise funds
- Joel’s biggest successes and failures
- Trends in the liquor industry: what should people keep an eye on?
- Cannabis-infused alcohols
- Are non-alcoholic beverages worth paying the same price as their alcoholic counterparts?
- Improvements for the industry: Joel’s advice to distilleries and breweries
- Building a brand from scratch all over again: What Joel would do differently in the past
- Life lessons for others to take notes on
- Joel’s favourite whiskeys
- Most popular whiskeys in the market
- Joel’s favourite Asian whiskey – Kavalan
- Joel quote: “No one is a born great interviewer”
- Tips on the job interview process
JOEL’S BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
- The Boron Letters
- The Culture Code: The Secrets of Highly Successful Groups
- Blitzscaling: The Lightning-Fast Path to Building Massively Valuable Companies
If you’d like to find out more about Liquor Loot, visit either whiskyloot.com or ginloot.com
- Liquor Loot houses alcohol subscription services, Whisky Loot & Gin Loot, delivering three premium and hand-selected whisky and gin tasters from around the world each month. Click here for a special deal on Liquor Loot. Remember: drink responsibly!
- Listeners of Business Over Drinks can get 10% of David’s latest book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
- Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them at syncpr.co
- Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.
Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up for a free Audible trial here. Check out our book recommendations if you want to get inspired.
Listeners get 20% off Protein Supplies Australia, Botanika Blends and Flexible Foods products. Simply use the promo code at checkout.
The great folks at Whiskey Loot are offering our listeners great pricing on their whiskey subscriptions. Click here for more information. (You can also listen to this episode as to why this subscription is so great).