What The Great Resignation Means for Us All, Experiences with Y-Combinator and What it’s Like to Raise $3 Million - Jonathan Soh, MD Singapore for Deskimo
Jonathan is a seasoned entrepreneur and business lead, currently leading Deskimo's growth in Singapore
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Jonathan Soh
Jonathan has worked in the eCommerce and on-demand industries for the last 8 years, gaining experience in Shopee, Gojek, Standard Chartered and now Deskimo. As a seasoned product manager and entrepreneur, he is passionate about the future of work, fintech in Asia and the creator economy. Outside of the office, Jon enjoys spending time with his newborn, playing Age of Empires, and working on various tech products on the side.
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- What changed after fatherhood?
- Jon’s career path: Working in Shoppee, Gojek, Standard Chartered and Deskimo
- The Great Resignation
- How to approach hiring and recruiting people?
- The changing workplace
- Using company resources for personal use
- How is it like being in Y-combinator?
- The strategic use of capital funding and accountability to investors
- Diluting equity when raising funds
Guest Book Recommendations:
- Principles for Dealing with the Changing World Order: Why Nations Succeed and Fail by Ray Dalio
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Why Nations Fail by Daron Acemoglu
Deskimo will offer listeners of the podcast a Deskimo voucher for $8 off their first stay using the code DRINKS8. Download the Deskimo app here https://deskimo.me/now
Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up for a free Audible trial here. Check out our book recommendations if you want to get inspired.
Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.