How to Go Viral on LinkedIn, Getting on James Corden and Succeeding Online - Ling Yah From So This is My Why
Ling Yah Wong
She is the host & producer of the So This Is My Why podcast
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
This entrepreneur podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Ling Yah
Meet Ling Yah, a lawyer, podcaster, newsletter writer and YouTuber. With 8+ years of experience as a lawyer, Ling has also become a successful content creator, ranking #2 for the This is My Why Podcast in Malaysia and Singapore for Business & Careers on Apple Podcast. With over 33k downloads, 35+ countries reached and 13k+ followers, Ling’s content continues to grow and inspire.
In addition to running multiple online platforms, Ling is also on a mission to “hack” the LinkedIn algorithm and break out of the traditional box of a lawyer. Ling enjoys meeting new people, reverse engineering their successes and sharing her learnings with her online audience.
Despite not having it all figured out, Ling has had some serendipitous moments in her career. She hiked to Everest Base Camp in March 2020, only to be stuck in the Himalayas during the world’s lockdown. She also landed her podcast on the Late Late Show with James Corden multiple times and even attended the show’s final London taping.
Ling’s “Monday Reflection” LinkedIn post reached an impressive 617k impressions, and she was even offered a book deal with a prestigious publishing house. Ling continues to push boundaries and inspire others through her online content and personal experiences.
- David: Jack Daniel’s Can Cocktail – Apple Fizz
- Terng: Peroni Nastro Azzurro Premium Lager
- Ling Yah: Tea with her specially branded cup
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Tips on hacking the Linkedin Algorithm
- The strategy behind writing a Linkedin post
- Reasons to attend a networking event to meet interesting individuals
- More about Ling Yah’s recent book deal and how she got it simply by posting on Linkedin
- Our interview with Yolanda Lee from Uncommon
- Juggling between being a lawyer and everything else
- What is Ling Yah trying to accomplish?
- Most memorable guest on the “This is My Why” podcast
- Experience hiking the Mount Everest base camp
- Major lessons after working on the podcast
- Top 3 lessons learnt in Ling Yah’s career for listeners/viewers
GUEST’S BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
- The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers by Alex Banayan
- The Minimalist Entrepreneur: How Great Founders Do More with Less by Sahil Lavingia
- Visit our book recommendations section for more books from our guests
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT LING YAH:
- Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up to a free Audible trial here: https://www.audible.com.au/bod011-20
- Check out amazing (and collector’s) selections of gin and whiskey from Gin Loot and Whiskey Loot :https://whiskyloot.com/?rfsn=5301500.ece0af&utm_source=refersion&utm_medium=affiliate&utm_campaign=5301500.ece0af
- Listeners get 10% of David’s hilarious new book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
- Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them at syncpr.co
- Looking to up your email game? Try Moosend.
- Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
- Looking to hire a full team of creative designers for a flat monthly fee. Visit DotYeti today!
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessoverdrinks
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on your favourite podcast player
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.