Solopreneur Life - Crazy Business Stories, Running A Guest House, Building Townhouses, Having Huge Forearms - Funny Business Podcast
Simon is a property developer and manager at Isla House Greenslopes
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
WE SPEAK TO: Simon Chap
We’ll be speaking about questions many if not all people are faced with at some point in their lives: what should I do next, and how do I know I’m making the right choices?
To help us answer this question we’re speaking to a good friend, Simon Chap. Simon, at first, took the usual Asian Australian route – went to uni, got a corporate job. But then he went on to continue his family business and run Isla House. He’s also undertaking a few super easy projects such as building a hotel, as well as two townhouse development projects.
In between all this, he works as a film and commercial extra, is doing an MBA and has the biggest forearms we’ve seen on an Asian man to date.
- David: Mishka Vodka and Juice
- Terng: Big Drop Pine Trail Pale Ale
- Simon: The Glenlivet Illicit Still 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky (700mL)
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Our last podcast with Lisa Teh
- How Andrew got such big forearms
- Having Asian parents
- Transitioning from a 9-5 to following what you want to do
- How Simon chose to take over the family business
- Simon’s experience with property development
- Our podcast interview with Transactor Founder Shaneal Sharma
- Why Simon drove for Uber
- Finding side hustles
- Simon’s life advice for 21-year-old self
- Learnings from property investing
- Simon’s LinkedIn
- Crazy Rich Asians
- Surface Children
- How to Get Rich
- Visit our book recommendations section for more books from our guests
Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them,
(reminder: drink responsibly)