William Gilchrist, Konsyg: Taking a Company International, Improving Sales Team
William is currently the Founder of Konsyg and runs an end to end sales operation for Enterprises and SMEs globally. Salesman, defined.
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: William Gilchrist
William has accumulated over 15 years of experience in technology sales throughout North America, Europe, Middle East and Asia-Pacific. He holds a Bachelors of Arts (B.A.) in International Relations from Bowdoin College, TEFL Certification from GLV Zhuhai / 平和英语学院, Mandarin certification from Cornell University and another Mandarin certification from Beijing University / 北京大学.
William began his career within the corporate sector of Shanghai as a Media Relations Manager for Wai White Dragon, a publication for Shanghai’s elite. William then returned to the United States to work in school administration as Director of Admissions and College Planning at Hales Franciscan High School in Chicago Illinois. He was hired to rebuild the admissions department by devising a plan to increase enrollment numbers among a unique demographic within the Chicago-land area. William then returned to Asia and worked in Business Development in Singapore for TSL Marketing. At TSL, William ran multiple lead generation campaigns in both English and Mandarin for top-tier tech firms throughout J-APAC.
He then moved to a position as Regional New Business Sales Manager for Google, Asia-Pacific. William has also founded and facilitated internal sales training courses for multiple departments. William transitioned to the APAC Knowledge Manager role where he focused on training and quality systems management for regional and global projects. William then ventured outside of Google to build and direct the Outbound Sales Teams for TradeGecko (QuickBooks Acquired) as Director, and then as Vice President for MyDoc, both Singapore-based startups.
William is currently the Founder of Konsyg and runs an end to end sales operation for Enterprises and SMEs globally.
- David: Hogs in the Woods Tempranillo
- Terng: Big Drop Pine Trail Ale 0.5% Low Alcohol Beer
- William: Maker’s Mark Whiskey
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Konsyg’s adaptation to the pandemic
- Discrimination and exploitation of Asians in business
- Asian towards Asian discrimination
- Personal experiences of dealing with discrimination
- The existence of foreigner’s privilege
- Horror stories with clients
- Getting ghosted by clients
- Red flags shown by clients that businesses should be aware of
- William’s key takeaways during the pandemic
- Automation of HR department
- The phenomenon of integration between tools
- Best way to get a bad salesperson off you
- How much time do you give your salesperson to close a business deal
- Tips on expanding your sales team in multinational company
- Tips on building and scaling team
- Challenges in certain markets to get businesses to understand the value of an external sales function
- Outsourcing sales team
- William’s battle with diabetes and how he overcame it
CONNECTING WITH KONSYG
Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.