Watch on YouTube:
In this episode of Business Over Drinks, David Wong, CEO and Co-Founder of Deemples, shares his story as a salesman, entrepreneur and founder of one of the most successful sports startups in Southeast Asia.
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
- 99 in the Shade, 2017 Merlot
- San Miguel Light
WE COVER ISSUES SUCH AS:
– How to start an app and should you? (spoiler alert – don’t do it)
– Tech versus marketing, what is more essential?
– How they scaled from 0 – 1,000 users then beyond that.
– How Deemples survived COVID-19 and how they scaled?
– What are some of the lessons he learned from COVID-19?
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
– Terng: San Miguel Light
– David Bobis: 99 In the Shade Merlot
– David Wong drank water…
STUFF MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT DAVID WONG AND DEEMPLES:
- Deemples is one of the fastest-growing golf apps in Southeast Asia (and is now expanding to Australia) that allows you to find a golf partner to play with whenever and wherever you want. Join available games, or create your own and let other golfers join your games through Deemples. It’s like the Uber or Tinder for golfers. Why play with the same few friends, when you can expand your personal network or business contacts through Deemples.
- Download the app: https://deemples.com/download
- Follow David on LinkedIn
Get 10% off David’s latest book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD.
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Terng Shing has his own PR and content agency based in Singapore. He tries not to be defined by his job, but gave up and has leaned into it pretty heavily.
When he’s not working or conducting business over drinks, he is recording an episode for Business Over Drinks.
Learn more about his company SYNC and what they’ve been doing for the startup community in Southeast Asia. He also has another venture with a business partner in the travel industry, called Travel Wanderlust.
Connect with him on LinkedIn
David Bobis is an author who has written a few works under both his real name and pen name, Dean Blake. He has just released a book of illustrations, Everyday A**holes.
David was also the Head of Digital Marketing and Partner of Studio Culture – a leading digital marketing agency in Australia, before exiting to work on his books and private consultancy.
David is a finalist of multiple awards, such as the Telstra Business Award, the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Award, The Optus Business Award, the Brisbane Business News Young Entrepreneur’s Award, a Melbourne Age Short Story Award, a John Marsden Short Story Award and a Brisbane State Library Short Story Award.