How Binance Wants to Get Millions of Australians into Crypto - Binance Australia CEO Leigh Travers - Entrepreneur Podcast
Leigh is currently working on growing crypto adoption in Australia as CEO of Binance Australia
We hope you enjoy our entrepreneur podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on TikTok, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
This entrepreneur podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO: Leigh Travers
About Leigh Travers
Leigh Travers is the former chief executive of local blockchain technology and payments firm DigitalX.
Leigh is currently working on growing crypto adoption in Australia as CEO of Binance Australia. Binance Australia is a compliant and progressive Australian fintech that empowers customers and corporate institutions to access alternative, low-cost digital assets and products. Since Leigh has joined Binance Australia, the business has grown to over 1m Australian clients and has launched Binance Australia Derivatives to offer wholesale clients crypto derivatives.
Prior to Binance Australia, Leigh was involved in public equity markets, having served as Managing Director for ASX Listed DigitalX Ltd, as well as a brief role as Non-Executive of Aura Fat Projects, which went through a US$115m NASDAQ listing.
While Leigh was at the helm of DigitalX, the Company had a number of highlights including being the first Public Company to hold Bitcoin as a treasury asset, launching crypto funds for wholesale investors and advising a number of crypto startups.
Leigh has been involved full-time in crypto markets since 2014 and was a Director of Blockchain Australia for 5 years.
- Leigh: Coffee from Shelter Cafe in Lennox
- David: Green tea, as recommended by Jace Tan
- Terng: Water (because he has ‘important meetings’ apparently)
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- How Leigh got the role of CEO of Binance Australia?
- Why Leigh thinks people should still trust crypto, even in this bearish market?
- Using crypto for money transfers
- What do you think about netizens pumping and dumping crypto?
- How Binance remains a market leader
- Could Binance follow the same steps as FTX?
- You mentioned before that you think there are too many exchanges in Australia – how do you think the market will correct itself?
- How did you react when you saw shit hit the fan with FTX?
- What do you say to investors who are worried that Binance can end up like FTX?
- Congrats on hitting a million customers in Australia. That’s amazing penetration in a small market. How do you see the potential for growth here?
- What are the biggest hurdles you face when it comes to increasing acceptance of the general crypto market?
- What are your thoughts on regulation for crypto? Are we in a position to create local regulatory frameworks for what essentially should be a globally accessible currency or asset?
- Where do you see the crypto market going in Australia in the next couple of years?
- What are the most interesting crypto projects you’ve seen lately? What’s the most traded on the exchange?
- Top 3 books (or resources) that have positively impacted your life?
- Can you tell us more about the upcoming Australia/(QLD?) roadshow?
- Can you tell us more about tax reporting service
BINANCE: FIND OUT MORE
- Sign up to the Binance Queensland roadshow
- Sign up to Binance and receive 100 USDT Trading Fee Credit (TnCs Apply)
- Binance Australia Instagram
- Binance Australia Twitter
- Leigh Travers Twitter
GUEST’S BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Listeners get 10% of David’s hilarious new book, Everyday A**holes, using the promo code BOD at checkout. Get a copy at everydayassholes.net.
- Listeners get a free 30-minute consultation with Terng’s company, SYNC PR. Just mention this podcast when contacting them at syncpr.co
- Looking to up your email game? Try Moosend.
- Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
- Looking to hire a full team of creative designers for a flat monthly fee. Visit DotYeti today!
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- TIKTOK: https://www.tiktok.com/@businessoverdrinks
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
- PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on your favourite podcast player
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Dot Yeti offers affordable unlimited design for your brand or even personal project for as low as USD 399 per month… Just click on our Dot Yeti link to get started and get all your graphic design (design, video editing, graphics and more) sorted out by a team of professionals.
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.
Get a FREE audiobook and support our show by signing up for a free Audible trial here. Check out our book recommendations if you want to get inspired.
Listeners get 20% off Protein Supplies Australia, Botanika Blends and Flexible Foods products. Simply use the promo code at checkout.
The great folks at Whiskey Loot are offering our listeners great pricing on their whiskey subscriptions. Click here for more information. (You can also listen to this episode as to why this subscription is so great).