How to Drink, Collect and Enjoy Whiskey - Whiskey Educator Matthew Fergusson-Stewart
Matthew is the Regional Brand Ambassador, Beam Suntory, in the advocacy of Malt Whiskies, focusing primarily on Auchentoshan, Bowmore amongst the wide portfolio
We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
WE SPEAK TO:
Matthew Fergusson-Stewart. He joins Beam Suntory Asia as the Regional Brand Ambassador, specialising in the advocacy of Malt Whiskies, focusing primarily on Auchentoshan, Bowmore amongst the wide portfolio. Aside from having been the State Manager of The Scotch Malt Whisky Society in Western Australia, Matthew also became the creator and Director of Stewart’s Whisky Consultancy when he moved to Singapore.
He has also managed iconic whisky bar ‘The Auld Alliance’ which houses Southeast Asia’s largest whisky selection and spent five years as an award-winning brand ambassador for Glenfiddich, the World’s Most Awarded Single Malt Whisky, before working as the Chief Marketing Officer for TSH Group. He is also the creator of the 19,000 strong whisky community ‘Dram Full’ and author of both ‘Whisky Molecules’ and two authoritative papers on chill-filtration.
In 2016, in recognition of his pursuit of excellence as a Brand Ambassador, Matthew was awarded the highly prestigious industry award – Icons of Whisky Scotch Whisky Brand Ambassador of the Year 2017 (rest of the world). In 2018 his peers in the Singapore drinks industry selected him as Best Education and Community Ambassador.
- David: Dubliner Irish Whiskey & Honeycomb Liqueur 700mL
- Terng: Auchentoshan Three Wood Single Malt Scotch Whisky 700mL
- Matthew: Auchentoshan 12 Year Old Single Malt Scotch Whisky
WE CHAT ABOUT:
- Don’t forget to check our whiskey guide (coming soon)
- Our wine guide
- Our wine interview with Amy White
- What does ‘triple distilled’ mean
- Different types of whiskey (single malt, blended malt, etc)
- Whisky and green tea
- ‘Entry level’ drinks you can order
- Is there a way to order whiskey without sounding embarrassing? (What does it mean when you say things like ‘on the rocks’, is it silly to ask ask for ‘whiskey and juice’, etc)
- What are the key differences in scotch, bourbon, and so forth?
- Misconceptions about whisky
- Is whiskey a feminine drink?
- The Gospel Whiskey
- Collector’s whiskey
- Is there a whisky or a specific type of whisky that we’re completely sleeping on?
- Which Asian country in your opinion has the best whisky culture?
- Matt’s favourite whiskey of all time: Laphroaig 1970
- Matt’s favourite regular drink (from Beam Suntory): Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky
- Thai discos
- The rare Black Bowmore
- Investing in whiskey
- Storing whiskey
- Does whiskey last forever?
- Difference between scotch and bourbon
- Whiskey glassware
- IF design awards and Matt’s whiskey glassware range
KEEP IN TOUCH WITH MATT:
Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up to Buzzsprout and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
(reminder: drink responsibly)
If you want to see us...
Grab a deal
Up your email marketing game with Moosend, just use our link and sign up for a forever free plan. Yes, it’s free forever.
Create amazing landing pages, engage your users easily and do much more. This offer is available to Business over Drinks listeners, so click on the link above and get started.
We’ve got an amazing Fiverr offer for you. Click our link and sign up to Fiverr for the most affordable freelance support from around the world. Do you like our intro? Well, thanks to Fiverr, we found an amazing musician from Europe who laid down the track and recorded it for us within 48 hours.