We hope you enjoy our podcast! To help us grow, please do subscribe to our podcast and follow us on YouTube, Instagram, Facebook and/or LinkedIn. It’s the best way we can keep bringing in quality guests.
Welcome to Business Over Drinks, one of the most unique podcasts you will find anywhere in the world helmed by two people from different walks of life.
The podcast is an extension of their real-life experiences as business owners, salaried employees and industry mavericks who made mistakes along the way and lived to talk about it.
In this episode, we talk about how to communicate without sounding like a d**k
- Dave’s cute new Shiba Inu, @ultimateshiba (Instagram) – https://www.instagram.com/ultimateshiba/
- Being authentic
- Can you please everyone?
- How to be honest without pissing people off
- Can Mother Teresa please everyone?
- How to tell people to do something without sounding like a dick
- Book (and topic): Radical Candor – https://amzn.to/3mgtw2Y
- Book: Principles – https://amzn.to/3meeMS9
- How to confront someone with body odour
- Our interview with Joe Fox – https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/episode-11-mastering-sales-getting-insane-marketing-results-with-ai/
- Book: How to Win Friends and Influence People – https://amzn.to/3dOXGHP
- Book: Never Split the Difference – https://amzn.to/31A4jsi
TODAY WE’RE DRINKING
- David: Sake One Junmai
- Terng: Special Edition Tiger Beer
ABOUT YOUR HOSTS
Terng Shing has his own PR and content agency based in Singapore. He tries not to be defined by his job, but gave up and has leaned into it pretty heavily.
When he’s not working or conducting business over drinks, he is recording an episode for Business Over Drinks.
Learn more about his company SYNC and what they’ve been doing for the startup community in Southeast Asia. He also has another venture with a business partner in the travel industry, called Travel Wanderlust.
Connect with him on LinkedIn
David Bobis is an author who has written a few works under both his real name and pen name, Dean Blake. He has just released a book of illustrations, Everyday A**holes.
David was also the Head of Digital Marketing and Partner of Studio Culture – a leading digital marketing agency in Australia, before exiting to work on his books and private consultancy.
David is a finalist of multiple awards, such as the Telstra Business Award, the Lord Mayor’s Multicultural Business Award, The Optus Business Award, the Brisbane Business News Young Entrepreneur’s Award, a Melbourne Age Short Story Award, a John Marsden Short Story Award and a Brisbane State Library Short Story Award.
FOLLOW BUSINESS OVER DRINKS:
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/businessoverdrinks/
- LINKEDIN: https://www.linkedin.com/company/business-over-drinks
- WEB: https://www.businessoverdrinks.com/
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/businessoverdrinks/
- YOUTUBE: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCx-s2TNu_21TNDSMJtP87eQ
PODCASTS: Search ‘Business Over Drinks’ on Spotify or Apple Podcasts
This podcast was created with Buzzsprout. Interested in making your own podcast? Use this link to sign up and we all get a $20 Amazon gift card when you upgrade.